Monday, October 17, 2005

They're At It Again!

Am I the only one who is tired of the scare tactics that the media uses? I've been reading a lot of this bird flu thingy that killed like 60 people in 2 years over in Asia. Now I keep reading stories about how scientists are terrified that it's going to mutate into a form that humans can pass and sweep Europe. To take procautions they are killing thousands of birds in areas where it's been detected.

Most of these places are in remote areas of Asian countries that have bird farms. I guess they are killing them because birds are migratory. But doesn't it take a long time before a virus can mutate? I may be wrong.

Remember the whole SARS thing a couple of years ago?? Now do you read much of anything on that?? Nope!!

I am so desensitized now that things like this don't even register anymore. I just read it and go on to the next story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home