Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Mind.....Such A Funny Aparatus!

I find it interesting how we can totally psych ourselves out of something. For example I don't fill up my car anymore because as long as I don't see the total dollar amount I'm putting in go any higher than what I was before I feel better about it. I do this even though I put gas in one more time a week than I used to. I'm still paying more overall but it's that psychological notion of the dollar amount I'm seeing at that moment.

Also I haven't been sleeping soundly at night. So this week I decided to sleep the opposite of what I usually do with my head at the foot of my bed. And SHAZAAM!!! I've slept soundly all week long. I'm still in my bed but just knowing I'm positioned differently changes how my mind operates.

Now if only this could work on the whole being single thing.....

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger CR said...

I have a theory about sleep. Are you ready?

When I (and this probably only works for me) sleep with my head facing west and face facing the south I dream about work. BUT when i have my had facing the west and my face facing the north I dream about family and friends.
It works every time. Guess which way I try to sleep?

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Chico said...

You want to dream about work!!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger KB said...

That's just weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home