Friday, August 12, 2005

....And The Horse You Rode In On.

Terror alerts have been issued to New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago. The government has issued these because of the possibility that Al-Qaeda cells may use fuel tanks to target them. Yet they cannot confirm the authenticity of the intel. Then why even issue them???

Speaking of L.A., has anyone seen the movie "Constantine" starring the incredibly talented Keanu Reeves? Notice how the images of hell look just like the city?? Hmmm.....

On another note I've noticed that I've been getting random people commenting on some of my postings, some of which are anonymous. Am I that intriguing that these folks feel compelled to comment?? I don't mind the comments even though some of them are anonymous. That was until I came across the comments on my random posting on 5/25.

In a nutshell, I wrote about the radio staion 106.7 and it's promo ("Where Latino's Live") and a song entitled "Latino's Stand Up." I said that I hate the promo and hate the song. Someone commented and proceeded to rip me by saying that I'm trashing Latino's, I'm a disgrace, that I have no right to use the word Mexican in my profile and that the word Chicano best suits me. I have since then deleted those comments.

Hopefully this person will come across my blog again and read this post. This is what I have to say to you Mr. (or Mrs.) Anonymous - Fuck you and the big ass chip on your shoulder. I don't know where you got the idea that I was trashing Latinos to begin with. I said I hate the PROMO. I hate the way the girl sounds. And as for the song....it still sucks and always will.

Now onto the comment about how I shouldn't even use the word Mexican and instead use the word Chicano in my profiile. First of all this is Texas and I've lived here for 10 years. In the 10 years that I've lived here I have never come across a fellow brown person who has used Chicano to describe themselves. Perhaps if this was California it might be different. But I digress....everyone that I know and have encountered in this state has used 1 of the following 3 terms to describe their ethnicity/race: Mexican, Hispanic, or Latino.

So because of Mr. (or Mrs.) Anonymous Douche Bag I have changed my settings and will no longer be accepting anonymous comments. This is my space.....my space to put down my thoughts and ideas. I am the king when it comes to my blog and will banish you from my kingdom without hesitation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home