Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Our Heats Will Ever Faithful Be To Dear Old Goddard High

That is the last line in the Alma Mater of my high school.

So my 10 year high school reunion is this summer and it hit me how fast time has gone by. I don't feel old or anything (I do still get carded almost everywhere I go) but I can't believe how fast these past 10 friggin' years have gone by! I did look at the RSVP list and so far none of the ones who everyone thought were going to be successful (i.e. the popular crowd) have said they are going. I wonder why this is.....

I got the email notifying me of this unfortunate event. I call it unfortunate because I really don't care! The people I went to high school with that I still care about are still friends of mine. The others I could care less if I see again. Now don't get me wrong, if by some odd occurance I were to run into one of them I'd say high and play "catch up" for all of 10 minutes or so. But other than that it's of no significance to me. Hmmm.....now that I re-read this do I sound a little bit bitter??

Does anyone REALLY care about going to their high school reunion?

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger KB said...

My 10 year is comming up too. And you know the only one I know that cares? My shitty sister. She's 3 years older than me and still living in the past. She's emailed me three times to sign up for my own class reunion. I keep asking myself why my sister cares so much? It's because she's dumb, and has nothing better to do. I feel how you do Chico. The people I would really want to see at a reunion, are the people I've kept around all these years. My closest friends from highschool are all still my closest friends. (With exception of a few). I haven't even gone to my schools website to see who's going. I just am not interested in 10 years. Maybe 20. I've tried hard to motivate myself to get behind this 10 year thing, but really, I think I need more time to miss all that high school stuff. Even though.... I'd love to go back and bring my fabulous husband, because I'm sure at least 75% of the popular people are miserable in their little lives, and all the popular guys are probably bald and fat. ha!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger CR said...

I can't say that I care to go to mine. I love my friends from high school and I still talk to some of them on a regular basis. Other I see or hear from them every so often. But other than the people I want to keep in touch with I don't really care what happened to the other people at my high school. I do hope they are all doing well and happy but I don't really care to see them and pretend I am interested in their lives.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Jill (fellow Goddard alumnus) said...

I am WAY excited to go, honestly! As corny as it sounds, I really am truly interested in the people I knew in high school. I can't wait to see everyone happy and doing well for themselves. (I'm assuming those who aren't so happy probably won't want to come.) Call me crazy, but I care about those people. Yeah, I've kept in contact with a couple people (doesn't mean I've seen them), but somehow lost touch with others. I think it happened during college. (It's such a me-me-me time of life--not too unlike high school.) So I think it'll be great to see everyone. The more the merrier. I must say, I'm quite surprised at how many people want nothing to do with it. I don't totally get it. (I'm not too good at empathizing...If I haven't felt it myself, I have a hard time understanding, though I try.) To me, it seems like anyone who has grown up a bit, is truly happy now, truly ok with their past would want to come. Maybe I'm wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home