Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm Lynette.

On the Abcnews.com website there is a link to take a quiz to find out which "Desperate Housewife" you are. It turns out I'm Lynette and this couldn't be more fitting.

I completely admit that I'm a control freak. I wish that I wasn't but it's really hard for me not to be. Not only do I want to take on everything myself but I can't seem to stop taking on other people's problems. There's a little voice inside my head that tells me to stop but I have a hard time listening to it.

I know that when I take on other people's problems they make my life more difficult because my mind is overrun with trying to solve everything. I really want to be able to just let people assume control of their own issues and not allow myself to get too involved.

But how do I do this?

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger KB said...

Here's my approach. Brutal honesty. Tell them your view of the issue, and what you think they need to do. Then leave it at that. After you get your two cents in then let it go. It's their life they are f*&$ing up, and you can't do much about that.

This way, you will have piece of mind because you tried to help them out by giving them advise, and if they don't follow it, at leat you tried!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger CR said...

Don't you change a thing. I have some issues I want you to take on b/c I just cant seem to solve them. :)
Don't listen to KB, what does she know.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheeks, this is your sister calling. What is your email address at the Voice? Lost it. Sorry!

KB is right. Just give advice and listen, but don't try to solve their issued for them.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant to say issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home