Friday, April 08, 2005

Cardboard Box Situation Averted.

Let's see.....last Friday (April 1) rent was due. As usual, Sergio and I put it in an envelope and dropped it in the night drop. Thinking all was fine it didn't cross my mind again until we both noticed that the checks never cleared. I thought it was just taking longer this time then usual.

But on Wednesday night, I was home from work catching up on Oprah when a piece of paper slid through the door. I figured it was just another notice about a community event and ignored it. Plus I was really comfortable on the couch and didn't want to get up. Around 8:30 I was leaving for the gym and grabbed the piece of paper to read and to my surprise it was an eviction notice. Apparenlty we never paid rent!!! I freaked and called Sergio at work to let him know. We couldn't figure out what had happened and I said I would take care of it in the morning.

Unfortunately on Thursday morning the property manager was out sick. Go figure!! So I had to wait another day to find out what was going on. This morning I walked in and spoke with her. We went through all the checks that were in the drop box and she checked to make sure it wasn't stuck inside. We had no luck in finding the envelope. She had even said that she thought it was strange that ours wasn't received because we are never late!! She ended up letting us write another check without any penalty and said she would let us know if the envelope comes up.

So my worries about having to move (again) but this time into a box on the corner have come to an end. WOOHOO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home