Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sidewalks Are An Evil Thing.

Cesar and I were in Austin this weekend. We didn't get to leave until about 8:00 on Friday night due to him having to work late, but we left anyways. By the time we got gas and got on the road it was almost 8:30. I got us there by 11:30.

We weren't able to make the function that we had intended to make, so we just went to the hotel and changed to go out. We headed out to this bar called Charlie's and had the worlds worst drinks. But then again what do you expect when they only cost $1!!! We met up with some people he knew and hung out. Regardless what Cesar says I don't think I was flirting!

The next day we got up to have lunch and went shopping. I got a pair of black Steve Madden's that Cesar was going to buy but didn't because they were too small (more on the tragedy of these shoes later.) We met up with the people from the night before and walked around downtown. Austin is one of the most different cities I've ever been to in Texas. It has this feel about it that no other city has. The city itself is pretty and the people are very relaxed and laid back. It's like you can walk around being yourself and no one will look at you weird or comment. I think that if I were to move there it's a place that I would enjoy living in.

Anyhoo...after an afternoon of walking, we all went to have drinks around 4:00 or so. I had a few Cosmopolitans that went straight to my head....but they were good! After our drinks we headed back to the hotel to rest before heading out for the evening. That night we went out to a place called Rain. It was a pretty cool place but not many people were there, so we went next door to another bar. That was kinda dead too but we still had a drink there while waiting for Cesar's friends to show and for Lamont's sister to arrive. We went back to Rain and all of a sudden it was packed! We ended up staying there the whole night because the atmosphere of the place and the people there were more our crowd.

After a night of drinking waaaay too many Cosmo's and breakfast afterwards we went back to the hotel. I had a little bit of trouble of walking and as I was heading towwards the stairs my left shoe hit the raised sidewalk and I went flying head first. Cesar thought this was quite a hoot and I thought he was going to fall down from laughing. The tragedy of it all is that I scuffed my new shoes. :-( Forget the fact that I bruised up both of my knees and elbow in the fall....I fucked up my shoes!!! Cesar's comfort of "I'm sure you can get that fixed" didn't help much. Now I have to find someone who can fix them for me.

We headed back on to Dallas on Sunday after having a late lunch and arrived safely around 5:30. We both decided to make periodic trips out of town just to get away from the maddness and frustration's of Dallas. It's always nice to go to a place you don't know and be around a different crowd of people. So whenever you're ready Cesar just let me know!!!

I'll be taking my shoes to a doctor very soon. :-(

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger CR said...

You were Flirting and then you threw him on me!!!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger CR said...

It was a great trip, I can't wait to leave town again. I definetly enjoy getting away from the DFW area, even if it is just for a weeknd. I am ready to leave town again, I can't wait for our next Austin trip (I have not called Miguel, I will do it tomorrow).

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger KB said...

I can totally see Chico laying on the sidewalk in pain, and pissed as hell because his shoes are ruined, and Cesar standing above him laughing his head off. I miss you guys so much! Life sucks out here. I have nothing to do but be fat and lazy. I want to plan a trip to do something fun with you guys sometime. So think about that, and let me know where we can all meet. I'm serious! Dead Serious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home