Monday, September 27, 2004

City Of Dallas Building - A.K.A. The Largest Public Outhouse

I just got back from the longest wait at the DMV. I call it the DMV because back where I'm from that's what we call it. Here in Texas it's called the Department of Public Safety. I'll just keep referring to it as the Department of Motor Vehicles.

After passing the building 4 times without knowing that is where I was supposed to be, I stopped the first "normal" looking person I saw and asked them where it was. They pointed to the very large building I kept passing. I felt quite stupid.

I walked to the front of the building and boy did it stink! The smell of pee was so bad that I gagged. I held my breath and quickly made my way inside and asked the rent-a-cop at the front desk where I was supposed to go. She was really nice and helped me with my directions. I ended up waiting for 1 1/2 hours! I kept myself amused by noticing the people working at the front desk. They didn't seem like they enjoyed their job. You know someone doesn't enjoy their job when they casually throw the word "shit" out and not care that they work in such a public setting.

But now I can drive without any worries. I'll just have to make do with that little piece of paper for about 4 weeks or so.

6 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger KB said...

I call it DMV too! I can never find it in the phone book because I never remember what the hell Texas calls it!!!!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Luciana said...

Why does it take so long in Texas to get another driver's license? Here at home you just have to go to MVD, tell them you lost your license, fill out a piece of paper, and take another picture. You wait about 15 minutes, and you're done. Wam bam thank you ma'am!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Chico said...

As Monica on Friends would say, "I know!" I do not understand why you can get the license right there. You HAVE to wait for what seems like forever!!! Go figure. Texas has to be difficult!!!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

I noticed your blog had something to do with Pilates. We've been thinking about adding a Pilates program to our Karate School as an alternative aerobic activity. I really enjoyed the info on your site.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

I was searching for blogs that had Dallas, TX in them and came across yours. I live in Dallas and have a self defense school. I like the posts on your blog, so I've bookmarked it to stop back by periodically. Take care.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Just visited your blog, It is interesting to read. If you need some free cell phone tips, please click here .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home